One thing is definite but it is something we do not like to think about or discuss with our loved ones and that is our inevitable passing away. It is difficult, who wants to bring this sort of matter up at the dinner table?
Whilst it is very difficult think about the following:
- How would your husband/wife cope not only with the grief but also financially once you were gone?
- What would happen to their earnings potential if they had to look after the children more?
- If you are older and the children have left home would your patner receive your pension income if you passes away?
- Have you sufficient funds to meet the rising costs of a funeral and the possible desire to repatriate the deceased?
- If you decided not to stay in Spain after your partner passed away can you afford to move back?
- If your children are in private school could you maintain the cost after a tragic event?
These are just a few of many reasons why you might wish to consider life cover and the good news is it has just got cheaper!
Often we concentrate on thinking of insuring the bread winner whether that be male or female but you should seriously consider the financial impact to that person if the other person passed away. Could they continue in the job they were in? How would that fit in with looking after dependents? Would they want to carry on with those sorts of financial responsabilities?
Life cover is not just for the young, either. It is now possible to take life cover up to the age of 70 years, here in Spain. The rates shown in the table are the annual premium so you can also see how cost effective it can be. The amount of cover can be tailored to your requirements and the table is given as an ilustration. Often there is no need to to have a medical, all you need to do is complete a simple application form and a medical questionnaire.
Wouldn´t it be nice to know your family is financially secure or at least some of the pressure has been taken off them if the worst happens?